Postdoctoral Researcher at TUGraz / Guest Lecturer (Global) at Keio Univ.
Fonds zur Förderung der wissenschaftlichen Forschung (FWF),
3DDR - Real-time Three-Dimensional Diminished Reality,
Co-Investigator (Jan. 2021 - Dec. 2024)
Ritsumeikan Global Innovation Research Organization (R-GIRO),
An Interdisciplinary Research Center on Supporting Cognitive and Communication for Elderly,
Project Member (Apr. 2021 - Mar. 2026)
Grant-in-Aid for Young Scientists (B),
Perceptually High Contrast Optical See-Through HMD based on Adaptation (in Japanese),
Principal Investigator (Apr. 2017 - Sept. 2018)
Grant-in-Aid for JSPS Fellows (PD),
Research on Mixed and Augmented Reality Using Light Field Cameras (in Japanese),
Research Fellow (Apr. 2016 - Sept. 2018)
Grant-in-Aid for JSPS Fellows (DC-1),
Two Approaches for Improving the Expressiveness of Mixed Reality Space (in Japanese),
Research Fellow (Apr. 2013 - Mar. 2016)
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (S),
Systematizing and Consolidating a Technological Basis of Mixed and Diminished Reality Space,
Research Collaborator (May 2012 - Mar. 2017)
- "Augmented Reality" at TUGraz in collaboration with Denis Kalkofen and Peter Roth (WS2018, WS2019) / with Denis Kalkofen (WS2021) / with Alexander Plopski (WS2022) - Gave lectures on visual tracking, camera calibration, image-based rendering, and diminished reality
- "Virtual Reality" at TUGraz in collaboration with Dieter Schmalstieg (SS2022) - Gave a lecture on image-based rendering. Provided assignment design and implementation on image-based rendering using multi-sphere images.
- "Biomedical Visualization / AK Computergraphics" at TUGraz in collaboration with Denis Kalkofen (WS2022) - Gave a lecture on light field theory, imaging, and microscopy application.
- "Research Seminar - Virtual Reality" at TUGraz (WS2022) - Management of weekly students' research presentations.
- "Scientific Writing" at TUGraz in collaboration with Peter Mohr (WS2022) - Provided topics, no which students research and describe.
- "Realtime Visualisation" at FHSalzburg in collaboration with Markus Tatzgern (WS2020, WS2021, WS2022) - Gave lectures on image-based rendering and its application. Provided assignment design and implementation on light field reparameterization and AR-based light field capturing. Student presentation management.
- "Information Engineering Special Lecture Series" by Maki Sugimoto at Keio Univ. (25.11.2022) - Gave an invited lecture on "What we can/cannot see through today's mixed reality."
- "Visual Informatics Lecture Series" at Osaka Electro-Communication Univ. (6.3.2023 - planned), - Gave an invited lecture on "Why is "place CG there" in AR still challenging"
- "Experiments in Media Technology - Virtual/Mixed Reality" at Ritsumeikan University, Teaching Assistant (2011, 2012) - Group work supports and assignment evaluations.
- ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 24/WG 9 (Augmented reality continu-um concepts and reference model), Support Member (2016 - 2019)
- TrakMark (Benchmark test schemes for AR/MR geometric registration and tracking methods), Support Member (2015, 2016)
- The Virtual Reality Society of Japan, Academic Journal Committee (2020 - 2024), Newsletter Committee (2016 - 2020)
- Technical Committee on Plenoptic Time-Space Technology, Secretary (2016 - 2019)
- IEEE Virtual Reality (VR), IPC Member (2019,
Web Co-Chair (2019)
- IEEE Int. Symp. on Mixed and Augmented Reality (ISMAR), IPC Member
Doctoral Consortium Co-Chair (2020),
Demo Co-Chair (2018),
Session Chair (2020,
- Frontiers in Computer Science, Computer Graphics and Visualization,
Review Editor (2021)
- Int. ACM Conf. on 3D Web Technology, IPC Member (2020)
- Int. Conf. on Artificial Reality and Telexistence & Eurographics Symposium on Virtual Environments (ICAT-EGVE),
IPC Member (2017)
- Highly Diverse Cameras and Displays for Mixed and Augmented Reality (HDCD4MAR),
General Co-Chair (2017)
- Int. Workshop on Diminished Reality as Challenging Issue in Mixed and Augmented Reality,
Workshop Organizing Chair (2016)
- Annual Conf. of the Virtual Reality Society of Japan (in Japanese),
Publication Co-Chair (2017)
- PoTS Symposium (in Japanese),
Local Chair (2017)
- IEEE Trans. on Visualization and Computer Graphics (TVCG) (2018, 2020, 2021, 2022)
- IEEE Trans. on Multimedia (2016, 2021, 2022)
- IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications (CG&A) (2020)
- IEEE Trans. on Instrumentation and Measurement (TIM) (2020)
- Frontiers in Virtual Reality (2021)
- IPSJ Trans. on Computer Vision and Applications (CVA) (2017, 2019)
- IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems (2017, 2018)
- ITE Transactions on Media Technology and Applications (MTA) (2015)
- Molecular Diversity Preservation International (MDPI) (2017)
- Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience (CCPE) (2021)
- Trans. of the Virtual Reality Society of Japan (VRSJ) (in English and Japanese) (2016, 2017, 2021, 2022)
- IEEE Virtual Reality (VR) (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- IEEE Int. Symp. on Mixed and Augmented Reality (ISMAR) (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022)
- ACM CHI Conf. on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI) (2020, 2023)
- ACM Symp. on Virtual Reality Software and Technology (VRST) (2019)
- IEEE Information Visualization (InfoVis) (2020)
- Augmented Human (AH) (2019)
- Int. Conf. on Artificial Reality and Telexistence & Eurographics Symposium on Virtual Environment (ICAT-EGVE) (2017, 2019),
- Int. ACM Conf. on 3D Web Technology (2020)
- Asia Pasific Workshop on Mixed and Augmented Reality (APMAR) (2018, 2019)
- Int. Workshop on Diminished Reality as Challenging Issue in Mixed and Augmented Reality (IWDR) (2016)